M&M Topped Chocolate Cookie Recipe
My daughter and I always enjoy making these M&M topped chocolate cookies. I put her in charge of placing the candies on top of the cookies, and she takes her job very seriously.
These cookies lasted a total of 2 days in the house. They taste amazing right out of the oven, all toasty warm and soft. But, they also taste rich and sweet after they cool. Two days, folks, that was it for these sweet gems.
- 1 stick butter salted and room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt: add alternately to butter mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Place 3 candies on top of each cookie near the center.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until soft-set. Do not over-bake.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from sheet to wire rack.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Here is another delicious cookie recipe you may want to try: