Mocha Chip Shortbread Recipe
I am a big fan of buttery shortbread. I’m also a huge fan of coffee and chocolate! I took my three loves and combined them in this coffee chocolate chip shortbread recipe.
Of course, you can omit the coffee and chocolate chips and make a delightful version of plain shortbread. If I were you, I would make them both! Your family and friends will love you forever.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 sticks salted butter softened
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with no-stick foil.
- With mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour then coffee and chips and mix until combined.
- Spread mixture into baking dish. It may not cover the entire dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is cooked through.
- Cool, remove from pan by lifting up foil and slice into inch squares.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Notes: If your butter has not come to room temperature, pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Looking for more delicious holiday recipes? Check this out: Holiday Dessert Recipes
Does saving money on baking supplies sound good to you? Check to see if there an an Aldi grocery store near you!
2 responses to “Coffee Chocolate Chip Shortbread Recipe”
I will definitely be making this!!!
It’s one of my favorites!