Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This is my favorite easy pumpkin bread recipe. It’s semi-homemade, but nothing short of delicious.
I serve these for Thanksgiving breakfast every year! I always bake them the day before. They truly taste better that day after they are baked.
Be sure to check out the notes section for an icing recipe that will knock your socks off and a recipe for your own cinnamon sugar.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh puree
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 single serving cup of apple sauce 4 ounces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 shake ground cloves
- Cinnamon sugar
- Butter spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with butter spray and then lightly coat them with cinnamon sugar.
- In a bowl add cake mix, pumpkin, egg, milk, apple sauce and spices. Mix well with wire whisk, removing all lumps.
- Pour evenly into two pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of each.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
For an extra treat, make this cream cheese icing to spread over your bread:
4 ounces cream cheese, soft1/2 stick butter or margarine, soft1/2 tsp vanilla1 1/2 cup powdered sugar1/2 tbsp milk
Mix cheese and butter with a fork.Add remaining ingredients and mix well.Slice bread and serve icing along side.
Basic Cinnamon Sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
Mix ingredients together and store in an air-tight container or plastic bag.
For pumpkin chocolate chip bread: Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips prior to baking. You can use semi-sweet or milk, or a combination of the two.
Looking for a gift for the baker in your life? Check out The Ultimate Guide cookbooks.
Check out my Holiday Dessert Recipe page!