Blueberry Pineapple Pound Cake
Welcome to the first post in my holiday baking series! In this series, I will be sharing baking recipes from other bakers who love what they do and are good at it too! Shaun and I have been friends for many years, so when I reached out about providing a holiday baking recipe for Deanna's Recipe Box, he quickly agreed and sent over this delicious gem of a recipe. Chef Shaun Slater is an executive chef/personal and private chef. He is the owner of Cheftorious, and content creator with over 15 years experience with baking, pastry, and savory foods. Not to mention sugar artist and chocolatier! You can find Shaun at Cheftorious.com
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature…soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple chunk
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat the inside of a loaf baking pan with butter and very lightly dust with flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
- Set it aside.
- Cream the butter in an electric mixer with a paddle until light, about 3-4 minutes. Slowly add sugar and beat until nice and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time…then the vanilla extract. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed until evenly mixed.
- Carefully add all flour except 1 Tbsp of the flour mixture into the egg mix and just combined. Do not over mix!
- Gently toss the blueberries in the remaining flour…next, carefully fold in the blueberries, pineapple and coconut until even.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 70-90 minutes, or until a toothpick (or knife) inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from the pan.
- Slice and serve.
- *Top with whipped cream or make a vanilla glaze
Here is another delicious recipe you may enjoy:
If you are interested in saving money on your baking ingredients, check to see if there is a Lidl grocery store near you!