Double Vanilla Pumpkin Pie
This double vanilla pumpkin pie has a standing place at our Thanksgiving table.Pumpkin pie makes its way to the Thanksgiving dessert table year after year since the beginning of time. Well, maybe not since the beginning of time, but you understand where I'm going with that statement. I have a delicious recipe for double vanilla pumpkin pie that is calling its way to your turkey day dessert table.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 can 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp each: ground cloves. cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine: pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and spices. Mix well with a wire whisk (until there are no lumps) and pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes (or until knife inserted into center comes out clean).
Tip: To prevent a burnt crust, I place a metal crust ring over the exposed crust before baking. If you do not have one, you can use aluminum foil.