Pecan Pie Bar Recipe
If you love pecan pie, you will love this delicious pecan pie bar recipe! Pecan pie bars are perfect for fall. They also make a delightful Thanksgiving treat. Warning, these bars are gooey and sweet, they will leave your fingers sticky and your belly wanting more.
- ¼ cup sugar heaping
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tbsp margarine soft
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces Karo syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp margarine melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 pan with no-stick foil.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and flour.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Pour into prepared pan and press down.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling.
- In a bowl mix egg, syrup, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust. Spread evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until center is slightly firm.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes? Check this out: