Hot Cocoa Cookies
It was a relaxing Saturday afternoon, and I could tell my daughter was starting to get bored. So, I asked her if she would like to bake together. She jumped on the offer and said she would like to make hot chocolate cookies. Together, with music playing and lots of singing and dancing, we came up with the following recipe. The recipe makes about three dozen cookies, give or take a few.
- 11 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- 1 cup flour
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dehydrated marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Add egg and extract. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, soda, salt, and coffee.
- Mix until combined.
- Add chips and marshmallows and mix until incorporated.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Cookies will be soft, so allow to cool before removing from sheets.
I like to use a medium-sized ice cream scoop with a lever for uniform sized cookies.