Mini Brown Sugar Butterfinger Bundt Cakes
I have noticed over the past couple of years that bundt cakes made a bit of a comeback. I jumped on the bandwagon and tried my hand at these brown sugar Butterfinger bundt cakes, since a special friend gifted me two mini bundt cake pans.
If I’m being honest, these jems taste like mini pound cakes. They are dense and not overly sweet. You will need the special mini bundt cake pans to make them, but, I think you will find them worth it.
- 1 cup butter salted, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfingers or Butterfinger bits Reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- Chocolate Icing
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini bundt cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and scrape down sides.
- Add buttermilk.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Fill each mini cake 1/3 full. Sprinkle with candy bits.
- Add more batter to about 2/3 full.
- Bake 28 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Remove from pan.
- Prepare glaze. Drizzle each cake with glaze and top with remaining candy bits.
1 1/2 cups of Butterfingers is about 12 snack sized bars.
No buttermilk? Add 1/4 cup lemon juice to a measuring cup that is 3/4 cup. Fill the rest with milk…now you have buttermilk!
If you are interested in saving a few dollars on your baking supplies, check to see if there is an Aldi store near you!
Need more delicious baking ideas? Check out my list of dessert recipes!