Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Guess what? There is more than one way to eat a sweet potato. Sweet potato casserole is one of the most popular ways that Americans eat these vitamin rich morsels. I bet you have eaten sweet potatoes in pie form…but, have you ever baked them into a cookie? Sweet potatoes pair well with chocolate. Be sure to give these delicious cookies a try!
- 1 cup butter salted and room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack of instant pudding vanilla
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes cooked
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, sweet potatoes and pudding.
- Beat in your eggs.
- Add your dry ingredients (batter will be stiff).
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake on center rack for 8-10 minutes.
6 responses to “Fall Baking: Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”
These sound yummy! Such an interesting tale on cookies!
Thank you, Jill! Let me know if you try them 😊
This looks so delicious! What a yummy fall treat! I will have to try these.
Thank you so much! Please let me know if you do 😊
Ooh, a new way to eat sweet potatoes? Count me in! Chocolate chips sounds like a great add-in.
Thanks, Jenn! Let me know if you make them 😊