Monkey Bread Recipe
Monkey bread may sound like a strange name for a dessert, but it provides sweet, spicy, deliciousness. I would say this is a semi-homemade recipe since it uses canned biscuits, but it definitely does not lack in the flavor department. Monkey bread is a fall staple at our house. Hopefully it becomes one at your house as well.
- 4 packages buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar on a plate.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Coat with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place coated biscuits into a bunt pan.
- Melt brown sugar and margarine in a glass microwave bowl for 1 minute. Stir.
- Pour melted mixture over biscuits.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through.
- Let rest 10 minutes and flip over onto a platter.
2 responses to “Fall Baking: Monkey Bread Recipe”
I have never heard of this. It looks delicious!
Let me know if you try it!