Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Carrot cake is a dual season treat. It works perfectly for a spring or summertime treat, but can also be enjoyed during the holiday season.I like to bake my carrot cake in a 9×13 baking dish and slather it with cream cheese icing. There's nothing quite like the tang of cream cheese icing. Pair the cream cheese tang with the sweetness of the sugar and you have a delectable icing.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese room temp
- 1 stick salted butter room temp
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and coat lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- To mixer add: flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- On low, mix in eggs and oil.
- Add carrots, nuts, and raisins, and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool and ice.
- To mixer add, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar.
- Mix until combined and spread over cake.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired.