Chewy Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
Clearly, I am a huge fan of Christmas in July!
Every year for Christmas, I make a batch of these delightful morsels. I add them to my Holiday cookie platters and everyone loves them.
Chewy gingersnap cookies are loaded with holiday spices and flavors. The warm scent will fill your home with and heart with love. OK, that sounds cheesy, but you get my point!
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- Sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add shortening to mixing bowl and beat with whisk attachment.
- Add eggs and molasses. Mix well.
- In a separate large bowl add remaining ingredients. Stir with whisk to sift.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture and beat on low speed until mixed.
- Pour white sugar into a plate and set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar, then place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes.