Cherry Pineapple Punch Bowl Trifle Recipe
This recipe has been in my family for many years. It is the perfect summer dessert because it contains lots of fruits and deliciousness.
Trifles look best when served in a glass bowl so everyone an see all of the colorful layers.
If you are not a fan of cherries, you can substitute them with blueberries and the dessert will be equally amazing.
- glass bowl
- 1 box of yellow cake mix prepared as directed
- 1 can 20 oz. crushed pineapple
- 2 packs of vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 container 16 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can 20 oz. cherry pie filling
- Crumble ½ cake into a bowl.
- Spread ½ pineapple over cake.
- Spread ½ pudding mix over pineapple.
- Add ½ whipped topping over pudding.
- Top with ½ cherry filling.
- Repeat layers one more time.
- Chill (overnight is best) and serve.