Peach Cobbler Recipe
Picture this: Steaming hot peach cobbler topped with vanilla bean ice cream melting down the sides of the cobbler. Isn't that a sight for sore eyes? Peach cobbler is the perfect dessert for all seasons, but there's nothing like the taste of peaches and ice cream during the summertime. I use canned peaches in my recipe to give it a southern flare and whipping cream to give it an added level of richness.
- 8×8 baking dish
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2, 15 ounce cans of peaches 1 in water, 1 in juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in an 8×8 baking dish.
- Put into preheated oven for 10 minutes, to melt.
- Separate peaches from liquid and set liquid aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Whisk together.
- Add milk and 3/4 cup of reserved peach juice to flour mixture. Whisk to combine.
- This will form a batter.
- Add peaches to melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter over peaches.
- Mix sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until golden brown in color and baked through.
I use canned peaches in my recipe to give it a southern flare and whipping cream to give it an added level of richness.