Peach Cobbler Recipe
Picture this: Steaming hot peach cobbler topped with vanilla bean ice cream melting down the sides of the cobbler. Isn't that a sight for sore eyes? Peach cobbler is the perfect dessert for all seasons, but there's nothing like the taste of peaches and ice cream during the summertime. I use canned peaches in my recipe to give it a southern flare and whipping cream to give it an added level of richness.
- 8×8 baking dish
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2, 15 ounce cans of peaches 1 in water, 1 in juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in an 8×8 baking dish.
- Put into preheated oven for 10 minutes, to melt.
- Separate peaches from liquid and set liquid aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Whisk together.
- Add milk and 3/4 cup of reserved peach juice to flour mixture. Whisk to combine.
- This will form a batter.
- Add peaches to melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter over peaches.
- Mix sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until golden brown in color and baked through.
I use canned peaches in my recipe to give it a southern flare and whipping cream to give it an added level of richness.
10 responses to “Homemade Peach Cobbler Recipe”
I’m off to the store for peaches!
Haha… let me know what you think! And don’t forget the ice cream like I did.
This looks and sounds so delicious!! I need to try this recipe out for sure.
Thank you! Don’t forget the ice cream!
Going to have to make this soon!
It’s great hot or cold!
This would go perfect with a nice cup of Joe in the morning.
Yes! It’s delicious any time if the day!
Looks delicious! Will definitely be giving this recipe a try one day.
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it!