Mascarpone Cheesecake Recipe
Pictured here is my award winning Mascarpone cheesecake that was published in Taste of Home Magazine and in several of their, "Best Of" cookbooks! When I entered the contest, my reason for entering was to win a free Taste Of Home Cookbook. Not only did I win the book, I won the "Best Of Taste Of Home" book and I also received a check for $150.00 for a dinner for 4 at the restaurant of my choice. It is truly an honor to say that I was chosen by Taste Of Home as the contest winner. Sometimes we can only see a small part of the big picture!
- 9-in. springform pan
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 packages 8 ounces each cream cheese, softened
- 2 cartons 8 ounces each Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cheeses, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Before serving, prepare topping mix according to package directions. Garnish cheesecake with whipped topping; drizzle with caramel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Yield: 12 servings.