Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chewy chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any day or season. They are an ideal treat for all times of the year. Here is my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are soft, sweet, and jam-packed with chocolate goodness. A neighbor gave this recipe to me many years ago. The recipe you see here is not the exact recipe she shared…because I always have to make changes to recipes, it's a character flaw. (Insert innocent giggle here.)
- parchment paper
- cookie sheets
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips 18 ounces OR 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in your eggs and then add your dry ingredients (batter will be stiff).
- Add chips. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
To make a uniform batch of cookies, use a medium-sized ice cream scoop to spoon your dough onto the sheets.